A christian entered in a hairdressing to cut his hair and his beard. While the barber was serving the customer, between them starded an interesting conversation.They talked about many things and discussed various subjects. Finally, they began to speak about God. On this topic, the barber said:
- I believe that God does not exist.
- Why do you say that? asked the customer .
- Just get outside and you will realize that God does not exist. Tell me, if God existed, would be there so many sick people? Would be there so many abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can not imagine a loving God who allows to happen this.
The customer thought for a moment, but he didn’t answer because he didn’t want to start a quarrel. The barber finished his job and the customer left the barber’s shop. When he left the barber shop, our Christian saw a man on the street with big, sloppy hair with a tangled, dirty beard. He was dingy and poky.
The client returned to the hairdressing and said to the barber:
- You know what? Barbers does not exist.
- How can you say that? asked the barber very surprised. Here I am, I am a hairdresser and I have just trimmed you up.
- No! exclaimed the customer. Barbers do not exist. If they existed, there would not be men with dirty, long hair and with uncut beard, like the man outside the window.
- Oh! But barbers exist! That happens when people do not come to me.
- Exactly! said the client. That’s it! And God exists! But the troubles and suffering happen when people do not come to Him and seek Him for help. That’s why is so much suffering and pain in the world.